Let's be honest: sometimes there are 4 ways to do anything in Drupal, and 3 of them are best practice depending on circumstances. Pick the wrong path and you might still build a functional website.. for now. 6 months later you may find that architectural decisions are coming back to hurt you - your site may have slowed down, crashed, feel like it is held together with duct tape, or become hard to refactor.
Our 4-part "Become a Drupal Architect" serious is designed to take the intermediate module developer to the next level. We want you to think higher level than code - it's time to think like an architect. This class is part 1 of the 4-part series, and it is focused on "Performance & Scalability". Classes in the series can be taken individually or as a series.
Who is this for?
- Entry to mid-level Drupal developers looking to make better long-term architectural decisions.
- Drupal developers who are already comfortable building Drupal 8/9 websites.
- Drupal developers who are already comfortable with PHP.
- Drupal developers who are already fairly comfortable with Object Oriented programming.
- Comfortable building Drupal 8 websites.
- Comfortable using PHP.
- Comfortable with Object-Oriented Programming.
- Understand & configure Drupal Cache API.
- Understand Drupal core caching, Varnish caching, CDN caching, and how to work with each.
- Cookies - the less yummy kind, but can be just as fun. Learn when and how to properly work with browser cookies.
- Determine when to implement client-side and when to implement server-side, and the implications of each.
- Learn how to perform thousands of operations at once without taking your site down.
- Learn your options for processing 100,000 items in the background.
- Wrap your head around Drupal and non-Drupal cron and cron jobs.