You’re coming to Drupal training with Acquia and our partners? Great!
You may be wondering, how should you prepare, and what should you bring?
Where to go?
- Depending on your venue you may have received instruction about the location and whether or not there is parking or transportation.
- Please arrive before the scheduled start time so class can begin on time.
What to bring?
- In most cases (unless you have heard the venue provides computers) you'll need your laptop. You'll need to set-up your laptop before the workshop to ensure that we get the most out of our time together.
- Please note that if you do not set-up and test your laptop before training, you may be forced to watch along on someone else's machine so that we can all spend our time training and learning rather than debugging your individual set-up.
- Lunch - Depending on the venue you may have lunch provided for you as an option, or it will be available for purchase nearby. If you have dietary restrictions you might want to bring your own meal or snacks in case your choices aren’t available.
Mandatory Laptop setup:
1. Install Acquia's Dev Desktop.
If you are on Mac or Windows, install the latest version of Acquia's Dev Desktop.
- What is it? It's a working server with the correct version of PHP, Apache and MySQL to run Drupal 7. Read about Dev Desktop 2 for install instructions.
- Download at https://www.acquia.com/downloads
- Having trouble? Consult the installation guide or Register and ask your questions in the forums.
2. Install a text editor or IDE with PHP syntax highlighting.
- For Mac - Download Text wrangler, free editor. This supports syntax highlighting. See documentation.
- For Windows - Download Notepad++ free editor. Set your preferences to allow for PHP syntax highlighting. Notepad++ documentation on setting preferences
- Windows users need an application to unzip compressed files. 7zip is an open source application that can unpack archives (zip, rar, etc): http://www.7-zip.org/