Thursday, February 14, 2019, 11 AM - 1 PM EST
The CMS may have gotten rid of the web master, but not devops or the sysadmin. How will you manage these systems, and what are your options? This workshop is built around demonstrations that show you how to bring the best modern solutions to your organization. Some of our topics include:
- Hosted systems versus hosting your own. What are the big factors to consider? (backups, logging, resource usage, emergency response)
- Development workflows
- Candidates for automation
- Code analysis
- Automating testing and deployment
- What is continuous integration, and what factors should you consider when choosing or building an automation system?
- How does Docker factor in? Containerization will solve many of your problems, but will it solve all of them?
This course does not require any prior preparation, and students do not need to bring specific materials or complete any advance work.
Why is this class free? Providing this class free of charge is one of the many ways we give back to the open source community.