Compliance with the current Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) is both a business imperative and the right thing to do. More so than ever before, organizations that lack a sense of urgency to ensure that their online assets are accessible to people with disabilities, are at risk for legal action.
This high-level digital accessibility briefing provides essential information needed mitigate risk and ensure ADA compliance. Tailored for individuals responsible for web accessibility compliance, covered topics include current Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, essential components of an organizational accessibility policy, and required information to develop and maintain a website that is accessible to people of all abilities.
Who This Course is For
Focused more on the “why” than the “how” of digital accessibility, this course is tailored for individuals responsible for web accessibility compliance, including stakeholders, C-Suite executives, directors, managers, and project managers.
- Gain insight into ways people with disabilities access the web, as well as common barriers encountered
- Understand the business case for web accessibility
- Understand the current legal landscape for digital accessibility
- Understand and employ best practices concerning the implementation of accessibility guidelines throughout the development process
- Understand requirements for an organizational accessibility policy