Drupal 8 in a Day provides a broad introduction to the essential skills necessary when building websites with Drupal. This course is meant to be interactive. You will build a functioning Drupal website for our pretend client Sociable Planet following the steps of this manual.
The procedures are introduced step-by-step and then reinforced with practice and challenges. Your instructor can help guide you through the process of establishing this new way of working. You'll look at case studies of websites and reflect on your own experience to take the procedures you learn here back into your own work and any new situations you encounter.
Provide a solid introduction to Drupal 8. Introduce and explain the most essential features and concepts of Drupal through hands-on activities.
This course serves as a prerequisite to Acquia's Building Websites with Drupal 8 course. It is a full day course and is intended to serve as day one of a two-day Drupal site building curriculum for newcomers.
Newcomers to Drupal 8. This class will be an overview targeted at those new to Drupal who are looking for a hands-on introduction.
- An understanding of website building using a Content Management System is helpful.
- Experience using and building websites using systems such as Wordpress, Joomla!, or HTML and CSS is helpful.
- Describe key features and functionality provided by Drupal 8 core
- Define Drupal terminology and describe concepts
- Explain and summarize how Drupal sites are constructed and themed
- Search for and use Modules to extend Drupal's functionality
- Articulate the benefits of using Drupal 8 to develop websites
- Model content types
- Create lists of content and other data
- Assemble a website out of individual components