Drupal is a great tool for building dynamic, scalable websites using community-created code and modules. But what happens when the community has yet to create a module with functionality needed for your site? You can create it yourself! Learn the basics of module development in Drupal 8/9 to remove the mystery behind how contributed modules work.
This class is designed for:
- Drupal 7 developers looking to learn Drupal 8/9.
- Site builders with some PHP experience looking to create their first Drupal module.
- People who do not want to be restricted by the availability of contrib modules.
- Themers looking to become "full stack" Drupal 8 developers.
- Attendees should at least have basic experience writing PHP code to sign up for this class!
- Create your first Drupal 8(+) module.
- Understand Drupal's render arrays and form API, the building blocks of all displayed content.
- Create custom permissions, programmatic pages, alter forms, and more.
- Understand hooks and events.
- Create your own composer.json file for your custom module.
- Applying patches to fix contributed modules.
- Learn about configuration, state, caching, and more.
- When to use a plugin, a service, or a plain custom class.