Making the transition from "dabbling in code" to understanding a programming language can be daunting. First you need to pick which programming language to learn, then you need to somehow learn it. As of April, 2020, it is reported that PHP is in use by 78% of ALL websites! Popular CMS systems such as Drupal and Wordpress are primarily powered by PHP. Not a bad choice for a first language! Join us as we dive into learning PHP through a combination of lectures, code samples, and take-home exercises and reading material. As learning your first programming language is never easy, the learning experience will be divided across multiple lectures and led by knowledgeable, experienced, empathetic instructors.
PHP is used by 78% of ALL websites! (Stat last updated on April 2020).
PHP powers Drupal, Wordpress, Laravel, and Symfony content management systems / website building frameworks.
Learning PHP is a career accelerant: Work your way up from editing content to building full websites!
This class is designed for:
- Developers with little to no experience writing PHP code.
- Beginners interested in progressing towards becoming Drupal, Wordpress, Laravel, or Symfony developers.
- Complete beginners with an interest in learning their first programming language.
- Drupal site builders, themers, or content editors looking to journey towards custom module development.
- Use variables, functions, loops, arrays, objects, outputting webpages, frameworks, and so much more!