Let's be honest: sometimes there are 4 ways to do anything in Drupal, and 3 of them are best practice depending on circumstances. Pick the wrong path and you might still build a functional website.. for now. 6 months later you may find that architectural decisions are coming back to hurt you - your site may have slowed down, crashed, feel like it is held together with duct tape, or become hard to refactor.
Our 4-part "Become a Drupal Architect" serious is designed to take the intermediate module developer to the next level. We want you to think higher level than code - it's time to think like an architect. This class is part 2 of the 4-part series, and it is focused on "Writing maintainable, long-lasting code". Classes in the series can be taken individually or as a series.
Who is this for?
- Entry to mid-level Drupal developers looking to make better long-term architectural decisions.
- Drupal developers who are already comfortable building Drupal 8/9 websites.
- Drupal developers who are already comfortable with PHP.
- Drupal developers who are already fairly comfortable with Object Oriented programming.
- Comfortable building basic websites with Drupal.
- Comfortable with PHP.
- Comfortable with Object-Oriented Programming.
- Write forward-thinking code which is easier to maintain
- Minimize the creation of technical debt
- How to get the most out of writing OOP code
- How to abstract away implementation details for easy-to-refactor code
- Dependency injection, services, plugins: when & why?
- Understand best practices
- Automate simpler code quality checks