This course teaches Drupal 8 development with a focus on front end development.
Unfamiliar with Drupal? You're in for a treat. Drupal is an open source CMS which powers websites built for The White House, NBC, Twitter, Ebay, Harvard, Stanford, NBA, PUMA... and so many more. To see more websites built using Drupal, visit the Drupal Showcase.
This class is designed for:
Developers at any level. Yes ANY level!
Anyone looking to make a career change into the web development field
Students who are dedicated to putting in the time and effort to be successful in the class
Professionals looking to enhance their web development skill set.
Students interested in learning Drupal 8, HTML/CSS, and more while gaining REAL experience as a Drupal developer
This course is appropriate for developers at any level. Yes ANY level!
- Use the Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Manage packages, patches, and dependencies with Composer
- Setup & use a local Drupal Development environment
- Use Git commands and team workflows
- Manage updates in Configuration in Code for Enterprise development
- Write semantic HTML5 & CSS
- Understand and apply Responsive design fundamentals
- Use SASS in Drupal themes
- Modify Drupal 8 themes with Twig
- Drupal Site building
- Create searchable lists of content with Drupal's query generator, "Views"
- Understand the basics of Drupal Data Architecture
- Gain efficiency with CLI tools, Drush & Drupal Console
- Utilize PHP Fundamentals and programming best practices
- Comprehend Object Oriented Programming in PHP
- Debug PHP using an IDE
- Write Basic Drupal modules
- Use Drupal hooks and interpret the Drupal API
- Inject data into themes with PHP
- Choose how to build Drupal pages from various options: nodes, twig, layout builder, PHP pages
- Familiarize yourself with advanced Drupal caching layers
- In this thorough course, there's even more!