Drupal in a Day Training in Montreal
Get a solid introduction to Drupal 7 in one day. Learn about the most essential features and concepts of Drupal through hands on activities. By the end of this day you will be familiar with Drupal terminology and be able to identify how many Drupal sites are constructed. You will know how to identify and choose modules to get the functionality you need.
Because this class will be an overview and not an in-depth course, it is perfect for people who are on the fence about using Drupal or who are looking for a hands-on introduction.
This course serves as a prerequisite to the Drupal for Site Builders course.
Whether you are a new to web development or a seasoned web applications developer, you can reap the benefits of thousands of hours of development time that has been invested in Drupal- for free. As a new participant in an open source project, you develop on the shoulders of – not giants – but talented and busy developers like you. They are innovating, creating and giving great tools back to the community.
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Navigate the administration area to manage essential tasks.
- Configure and set up a basic Drupal site.
- Select, install and configure modules from Drupal.org
- Create content and configure content types.
- Manage user roles and accounts.
- Create listings of content
- Manage aliases and URL paths.
- Create blocks and place them in the layout
- Selecting, installing and configuring contributed themes from Drupal.org.
- Check your site thoroughly before going live.
- All through Site Building… that is, selecting and configuring a variety of modules.
Want to see a training event in your area?
See you soon!
Are you coming to an Acquia training? Find out what to bring and how to prepare.
Keep me up to date on this and other Drupal Training courses in my area.