High-level Drupal Training
Jacob Singh (Acquia) & Srijan will deliver a high-level Drupal training.
We will discuss common Drupal architecture patterns, do code audits and learn about some of the core APIs. There may also be separate sections on best practices in security, performance, deployment, continuous integration. This course is *not* for beginners. There will be some prepared curriculum, but by and large it will be a mix of discussion, exercises and a minimum of lecture.
Technical leads and DevOps engineers working with Drupal who want to take their skills to the next level. Jacob is going to help guide the team towards new learning goals, but the team should come with some decent Drupal knowledge already intact.
- Site building experience, views, content types, etc.
- Demonstrable experience with basic module development skills in Drupal 7 or advanced skills in D6).
- Common hooks to extend functionality in Drupal (hook_menu, hook_form_alter, hook_node_view, etc).
- Ability to create database tables and update them from an install file
- Experience creating a hook_theme implementation and using renderable arrays.
- Ability to configure a LAMP, or MAMP stack (WAMP also okay, but I don't know much Windows).
- General comfort with basic git commands
- Experience using SSH and other command line tools
If you feel like you are more or less in the ballpark, please submit:
- A portfolio of your Drupal contributions and/or sites you worked on.
- Your Drupal.org username
- A public code sample (if you don't have projects committed to from your d.o. username).
- If you don't have a code sample you can send, submit a module which does the following:
Editor notify module
When a new node of type "feature" is created, an email should be sent to all members of the "editor" role notifying them that it has been created. The email text as well as which content types to notify for should be configurable. Also, the email should start with _Dear [NAME OF THE USER],_
Please send in your applications to email@example.com
Want to see a training event in your area?
Keep me up to date on this and other Drupal Training courses in my area.