Drupal in Dublin at ICS
In this one-day free training, learn how you can use Drupal to build flexible, extensible websites.
On Feb 24th, there is free training happening all around the globe- and also in Dublin! Thanks to the Irish Computer Society for sponsoring and hosting this event, and Acquia donating the trainer time and resources.
Join Heather James, Manager of Learning Services at Acquia to get a thorough tour of how you can use Drupal to build your next website.
Who is this for?
This is suitable for designers, decision makers, web developers and people curious how to get a flexible and powerful website up quickly.
No programming experience required, with Drupal, you assemble websites out of modular components. Users tend to liken it to using Lego.
What you'll learn about:
- About Drupal the software and the community
- Distributions as a quick way to get started
- What is Drupal Gardens v vanilla Drupal?
- Practical workshop:
- Create surveys
- Create content types to model data with field validation, such as products or events with dates
- Manage media and content
- Make listings of terms and content, using Views an advanced query builder
- Manage navigation and menus
- Manage users and permissions for what they can do on your site through roles
- Use the theme builder to design the look of your site
- Working locally on your own desktop server
- How to find out more
Quick easy set up
We'll be using the hosted Drupal Gardens service, which is a packaged version of Drupal. That smply makes set up more quick so we can focus on learning Drupal and not managing local servers. There is no lock-in, and you'll also see how to export your site and work locally.
Before you attend you can even set up your site:
Want to see a training event in your area?
See you soon!
Are you coming to an Acquia training? Find out what to bring and how to prepare.
Keep me up to date on this and other Drupal Training courses in my area.