In two days, participants will be brought up to speed on Drupal and will be ready to tackle their own project. Learn how to manage media, build calendars and complex, dynamic queries of content by selecting and configuring the most popular modules.
The ideal accompaniment is to follow this with a one day introduction to using Panels.
Experience with web development. This course is suitable both for users who are new to Drupal and those who want to broaden their Drupal skills. Participants should have completed Drupal in a Day, or equivalent experience with Drupal. You should be able to:
- Navigate the administration area to manage essential tasks
- Configure and set up a basic Drupal site.
- Install and configure modules.
- Manage user roles and accounts.
- Overview of the possibilities with Drupal
- How to manage users, create user profiles
- How to add custom content, and manage that content
- Manage navigation through Drupalʼs menu system.
- Content references and relationships.
- Content flagging and bookmarking.
- Configure event calendar display.
- Manage content layout with Display Suite.
- Customize content administration.
- Configure both controlled vocabularies and free tagging with Taxonomy.
- Configure your site to improve search, through the use of URL path configuration, and configure faceted search.
- Be able to configure automatically generated thumbnails.
- Know how to create advanced listings of content.
- Maintain a secure and speedy website.