Have you inherited a Drupal site? You may be wondering how you can improve on and expand your site.
This five day package would suit junior developers with no prior experience with programming. These may be a team of developers at a digital agency. Or it may be cross-functional teams from across an organization. This package is suitable at the start of a project where a team will want to get familiar with how Drupal works to plan and implement. Or it is also suitable when moving development and customization in-house after another agency has done the development work previous.
Part 1 - Site building
- Build complex and powerful functionality.
- Articulate best practices of site building with Drupal.
- Know how to create advanced listings of content.
- Maintain a secure and speedy website.
Part 2 - Drupal Panels
Learn how to use a flexible system to control what displays on your site and where through configuration. Learn how to configure per-page or per-section layouts; or set up custom layouts for anonymous or selected roles; and control where content is displayed.
- Create customizable, configurable layouts.
- Create a system to allow users to modify layout without touching code.
- Employ contexts and variants for a control over display of content depending on context such as page or user role.
Part 3 - Drupal Layout and theming
Drupal has a variety of approaches to making dynamic layouts, and in this course you will see how to use them, and find the right approach for you. You will learn techniques and best practices for configuring a flexible and extendable layout for your site, then you'll learn how to get more control over the look and feel by creating a custom theme in Drupal.
- Create custom layouts for landing pages on your site.
- Make content appear dynamically based on where you are in the site structure.
- Create a custom theme in Drupal.
- Understand when to configure and when to code.
However, this course can be customized with one of the following one day options, depending on the client needs.
- Previous experience with a CMS such as Joomla, Wordpress, etc.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Basic knowledge about Drupal site configuration.